Charge of the Committee
The Town of Lakeville shall establish a Community Development Committee to advise the Board of Selectmen, and other regulatory and advisory committees on matters related to community-related economic development and to support, promote, encourage, and advocate projects that expand the Town’s commercial tax base through promotion of community events and tourism in a manner that strengthens the local economy consistent with the character of our community. The Committee shall work to maintain inter-board relationships to effectively address emergent issues with other communities from a business perspective through the appointment of liaisons to other regulatory and advisory committees.
The Committee shall be compromised of five (5) members, including one Selectman and four & (4) at-large member and two (2) associate members. Said terms shall be one (1) year in length and expire on July 31st of each year.
- To enhance and promote community events and tourism opportunities within the town through collaboration with other town committees and boards.
- To collaborate with other town and regional tourism boards and committees wither applicable in promoting and creating events in order to foster a spirit of regionalization.
- To serve as an arm of the town to drive community volunteers to areas where needed.
- To work with staff and other boards to obtain State and Federal grants related to community development and tourism.
- To identify economic development opportunities related to community development and tourism.
The Committee shall meet on a schedule as determined necessary to achieve its goals.
|Tracie Craig-McGee||(508) 946-8803|