Effective today, the Middleborough Gas & Electric Department is closing public access to its administrative office lobby at 32 South Main Street and other public entrances until further notice. This includes entrances to the electric substation at 37 Wareham Street and the natural gas offices at 2 Vine Street.
Closing access to public entrances is one of the steps MGED is taking to make sure we continue to deliver vital electric and natural gas services during the coronavirus pandemic. At this time, the Massachusetts Department of Health reports there are no positive cases in Middleborough or Lakeville. As more residents in Massachusetts, have been tested for the coronavirus, we are making this decision out of an abundance of caution.
We want our customers to know:
- You can make payments by phone, online or at a paybox in a number of convenient locations. Visit the MGED.com/WhereToPay for a full list of payment options.
- Our customer service staff is available by phone during weekday business hours at (508) 947-1371.
- MGED line crews and natural gas crews are staffed and ready to respond to outages and emergencies.
- Please continue to report outages on the 24/7 outage line at (508) 947-3023. You can also report online at MGED.com/outages.
- If you suspect a natural gas leak, leave the area first and then call 911.
Please stay in touch with us at MGED.com, find us on Facebook.com/MGEDnews and follow us on Twitter @MGEDnews.
Important! Be aware that you are likely to get even more scam calls during uncertain times like these. If you get a call from someone demanding you send payment immediately or your power will be shut off – hang up! Then call us at (508) 947-1371 to report it and check your account.
Public Communications Manager
(508) 946-3702 direct