Town Clerk Lillian Drane & Board of Registrars would like to notify our residents that the ANNUAL TOWN CENSUS (aka Street Listing) will be mailed out and should be arriving in your mailbox the first week in January. Residents are urged to check the information contained on the form, make any necessary corrections or additions and sign and return it to the Town Clerk's Office in the enclosed envelope as soon as possible.
Completed forms can be submitted via US Postal Mail, dropped off in the Town Clerk's Drop Box located outside of Town Hall, or the Council on Aging.
The information should be current as of January 1st. Please return your census form even if there are no changes or if you will be moving after January 1st.
- It is the law in Massachusetts (MGL c51,s4)
- It is used to create the annual street list
- It is used to assist public safety and emergency responders
- It is used to apply for grants
- It is used to assist the Town and State in calculating state and federal aid
- It is used to project future school enrollment and costs
- It is used to create the voter list- if you are a voter and do not respond, you will be made INACTIVE on the voting list (MGL,c51,s4(c))
- It serves as proof of residency which residents need to qualify for veteran's benefits and in-state tuition at a state schools
- Failure of residents to fill out and return census could lead to the state's losing a representative in Congress as well as Federal funds
Anyone who does not receive a census form or moves into town after January 1st, please contact the Town Clerk's Office at 508-946-8800.
Please note that to remove a registered voter from the census, an original signature from the voter is required.
For more information on the Annual Town Census, Street List, blank forms and other census information, please click here.